FTA:Open Networks Course Development
Open Networks v2.0
The Open Networks Course originally developed by UOC/Enric Peig Olivé as PID_00164576 has become dated. I would like to start a project to re-develop this course and have made a start, my materials can be found at http://www.obriain.com/ob/GNULinux_Networking .
The course module itself is described already in the FTA [Network Technologies] course module.
The FTA currently uses as a starting point its [OpenNetworks] course book. It was originally developed in Spanish by the Open University of Catalonia (UOC), who hired Enric Peig Olivé as its author, and later translated by the FTA into English.
In 2014 Diarmuid O'Briain has started to update and extend these materials. Chapters worked on thusfar:
- Course introduction
- Internet Protocol
- Wireless LANs
- Wide Area Networks
- Virtual Private Networking
- Configuring and managing network services in a free software environment
- Configuring and managing advanced network services and protocols, such as wireless networks, broadcast, voice over IP, real-time, ad-hoc and sensor networks
- Installing and configuring free systems for streaming audio and video
- Understanding the various organization forms of web applications, taking into account scalability and the demand for and organization of processing resources
- Protecting data against intrusion and detecting attacks
This module is part of the FTA Master Level Course Programme. Furthermore it is an extension and update of the course part of the UOC's Master Programme in Free Software, the URJC/LibreSoft's Master Programme in Free Software, ...
Work to be done
If you have an interest in this please come back to An Laoch.